Junior Accounts Payable
At some companies you can feel the momentum building. People are engaged, they're approaching their work with energy, enthusiasm and resilience. Being part of the organisation becomes part of your own identity.
At others, it feels impossible to get everyone pulling in the same direction. People lose sight of the company's purpose, they start looking out only for themselves – or elsewhere for new opportunities.
We started Peakon to help companies around the world build better workplaces. Where employees know they're listened to, managers learn from their own decisions and develop as leaders, and entire organisations see a step-change in what they can achieve.
Trust and transparency guide everything we do. At Peakon you’ll find a transparent salary model, unlimited vacation, minimal hierarchy, and maximum freedom to develop and execute your own ideas. Our style of collaboration is based on honesty and friendship, and we always love making new friends…
Peakon is looking for a Accounts Payable Clerk to help the Senior Accounts Payable clerk to manage Peakon’s accounts payable, bank, expenses and credit card processes across the Group.
The person will have high levels of business partnering with the employees in our global offices, which currently include the UK, Denmark, Germany, New Zealand and the US.
We are currently just over 100 employees and, supported by our recent B round of $22m, we plan to double operations this year. In the last year alone, revenue saw over 600% growth year on year.This is a newly created position as a result of the strong growth of the company.
- Assist with the internal approval process for supplier invoices
- Entering purchase invoices in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with international VAT / global sales tax rules (in particular European VAT including reverse charges)
- Help to manage the supplier payment processes to ensure that all suppliers are paid on time
- Point of contact for queries in relation to accounts payable within the company
- Undertaking bank reconciliations across the Group
- Review of credit card to ensure that they are in line with company policy
- Provide ad-hoc general accounting assistance to the Senior Accounts Payable Clerk, Finance Manager and wider financial control team.
The role would suit someone that has a background in AP processes and is looking to further develop their knowledge and understanding in a new role.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in an Accounts Payable role
- Experience in multi-currency transactions across international entities preferable
- Very strong verbal and written business English
- Detail orientated and accurate
- Experience of robust control environment
- A resilient questioning approach; ability to spot, investigate and explain irregularities.
- Experience of international VAT / global sales tax rules (in particular European VAT including reverse charges) an advantage
- Good planning, prioritisation, problem solving and organisational skills
- Is looking to grow professionally as part of a small and fast moving team
- Strong interpersonal skills – willing to interact with all types of personalities
- Experience of fast growing tech start-ups strongly preferred
- Unlimited holiday
- Lunch every Friday
- Flexible working
- Company wide trips
- Choice of hardware
- Flexible travel policy