Head of PR & Communications
At some companies you can feel the momentum building. People are engaged, they're approaching their work with energy, enthusiasm and resilience. Being part of the organisation becomes part of your own identity.
At others, it feels impossible to get everyone pulling in the same direction. People lose sight of the company's purpose, they start looking out only for themselves – or elsewhere for new opportunities.
We started Peakon to help companies around the world build better workplaces. Where employees know they're listened to, managers learn from their own decisions and develop as leaders, and entire organisations see a step-change in what they can achieve.
Trust and transparency guide everything we do. At Peakon you’ll find a transparent salary model, unlimited vacation, minimal hierarchy, and maximum freedom to develop and execute your own ideas. Our style of collaboration is based on honesty and friendship, and we always love making new friends…
So good at branding that you are occasionally mistaken for the reincarnation of Steve Jobs, better at communicating than Simon Sinek on a caffeine binge, and the ability to create more noise than Jackmaster in a Dalston basement. You’ll take Peakon’s transformative approach to people management and spread our story far and wide, so everyone in the industry thinks about us when they think about engaging and retaining their employees.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a brand that is genuinely changing the way people work, and that has a wealth of proprietary data and original content that can be leveraged in the media. You’ll be building on top of a great foundation; we’ve already been featured in many top-tier publications - including Bloomberg, The Financial Times, and The Economist - and have even hit the front pages of the Metro.
PR & Communications
- Define and execute our PR and Communications strategy globally, focusing on APAC, EMEA and US. This role will be approximately 30% strategy and 70% execution.
- Create content for press releases, whitepapers, and execute their sell-in to Tier 1 publications.
- Field media questions and interview requests, pitch stories to the media, prepare media kits and organise press conferences and product launches.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant media, journalists, influencers, bloggers and creating new editorial opportunities for brand awareness.
- Create engaging copy and content for PR, branding, and social media initiatives.
- Act as a campaign manager and coordinate with teams such as social media, marketing, and sales to ensure we are communicating appropriately across all channels.
- Function as key point of contact for media and influencer enquiries.
- Coordinate and manage our regional PR agencies in conjunction with regional Marketing Managers - becoming the key point of contact for all PR activity.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication.
- Manage the public relations budget.
- Develop an internal communications strategy in conjunction with the Marketing team.
- Prepare communications for the internal team to ensure employees of our organisation are kept informed and motivated.
- Organise events (such as journalist briefings) to generate coverage and drive brand awareness.
- Maintain a calendar of relevant awards and own Peakon’s entry to them.
- Must have at least 5+ year experience running global communications and PR efforts across APAC, EMEA and US.
- Must have been responsible for creation and execution of all international communications including press releases, speaking and event engagements, media kits, interviews and media training.
- Native-quality English (written and speaking).
- Expertise in directly managing PR agencies and freelancers.
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Strong strategic thinking, communications, problem-solving, management, technical, and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of media needs and media relationships.
- Strong understanding of B2B SaaS metrics essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of management – the successful candidate will build strong relationships with stakeholders at regional and global level.
- Keen interest in HR, people analytics, employee engagement, Future of Work, technology and ability to converse about trends such as machine learning and analytics.
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms.
- Enjoy a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Possess the ability to keep information confidential.
- This position is based in London and travel is required (up to 20%).
- Unlimited holiday
- Lunch every Friday
- Flexible working
- Company wide trips
- Choice of hardware
- Flexible travel policy