Junior Management Accountant
At some companies you can feel the momentum building. People are engaged, they're approaching their work with energy, enthusiasm and resilience. Being part of the organisation becomes part of your own identity.
At others, it feels impossible to get everyone pulling in the same direction. People lose sight of the company's purpose, they start looking out only for themselves – or elsewhere for new opportunities.
We started Peakon to help companies around the world build better workplaces. Where employees know they're listened to, managers learn from their own decisions and develop as leaders, and entire organisations see a step-change in what they can achieve.
Trust and transparency guide everything we do. At Peakon you’ll find a transparent salary model, unlimited vacation, minimal hierarchy, and maximum freedom to develop and execute your own ideas. Our style of collaboration is based on honesty and friendship, and we always love making new friends…
Peakon is looking for a Junior Management accountant to help with the management accounting and financial control processes across the Group.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the person will have high levels of interaction with the employees in our global offices, which currently include the UK, Denmark, Germany, New Zealand and the US.
We are currently just over 100 employees and, supported by our recent B round of $22m, we plan to double operations this year. In the last year alone, revenue saw over 600% growth year on year.
This is a newly created position as a result of the strong growth of the company.
- Assist the Finance Manager and Group Accountant with the preparation of management accounts for the Group, including:
- Prepare weekly cash reports to show the cash position of the group
- Assist the Finance Manager in dealing with audit and due diligence queries
- Assisting the accounts payable, accounts receivable and international payroll teams as required
- Provide ad-hoc general accounting assistance to the Finance Manager and wider financial control team.
- Preparation of journal entries
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations; and
- Profit and loss account analysis
The role would suit someone that is looking to quickly expand their accounting skills and grow professionally as part of a small, fast moving team.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a finance role
- Strong academic background
- Studying CIMA or local equivalent
- A good understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Very strong verbal and written business English
- Detail orientated and accurate
- Good planning, prioritisation, problem solving and organisational skills
- Experience in multi-currency transactions across international entities and advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills – willing to interact with all types of personalities
- Experience of fast-growing tech start-ups strongly preferred
- Unlimited holiday
- Lunch every Friday
- Flexible working
- Company wide trips
- Choice of hardware
- Flexible travel policy