Based at Peakon’s London office, this is a newly created role to join the Legal team. This is a 6-month fixed term contract. You will report to the General Counsel and provide general legal support to the Legal team, and gain exposure to all the other super-interesting legal projects across the entire business.
We are currently around 200 employees and, supported by our recent B round (extension) of $35m led by Atomico, we plan to scale operations to support the hyper growth.
Find out more about what it’s like to work at Peakon here.
"This is an amazing opportunity for an outstanding graduate looking to gain experience in a high growth, people-oriented and disruptive SaaS business. You will essentially work alongside the current Legal team of 3 covering various internal legal projects.”
- Tom Luk, General Counsel
Providing legal assistance to the Legal team including (although this is not an exhaustive list):
- Help to create and manage a contracts database
- Exposure to the legal review and preparation of various commercial agreements (under supervision)
- Conducting legal research
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, standard operating procedures and best practice across the business
- Assisting in the process of administering the entire customer contract lifecycle, from issuing contracts to e-signature
- Assist in general legal administration
- 2.1 Law or other degree (provided you can demonstrate an interest in entering the legal sector as a career).
- Applicants with a training contract already secured are welcome to apply.
- Legal Practice Course or equivalent an advantage.
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude, co-operative approach and style of work
- Clear & effective communication skills in oral and written English
- Ability to take instruction from senior team members
- Strong research skills
- Mature outlook, hard-working, self-motivated, eager to learn
- Strong IT skills
Bonus points if you…
- Have experience/ familiarity with high growth start-ups/ scale-ups.
- Have a demonstrable interest or experience in Data Protection and GDPR
- Unlimited holiday
- Lunch every Friday
- Flexible working
- Choice of hardware
To apply, please submit your CV together with a covering letter to tell us what excites you about this role and why you'd be a great fit.