Junior Data Analyst (Business Intelligence)
At some companies you can feel the momentum building. People are engaged, they're approaching their work with energy, enthusiasm and resilience. Being part of the organisation becomes part of your own identity.
At others, it feels impossible to get everyone pulling in the same direction. People lose sight of the company's purpose, they start looking out only for themselves – or elsewhere for new opportunities.
We started Peakon to help companies around the world build better workplaces. Where employees know they're listened to, managers learn from their own decisions and develop as leaders, and entire organisations see a step-change in what they can achieve.
Trust and transparency guide everything we do. At Peakon you’ll find a transparent salary model, unlimited vacation, minimal hierarchy, and maximum freedom to develop and execute your own ideas. Our style of collaboration is based on honesty and friendship, and we always love making new friends…
Peakon is growing rapidly, and we’re looking for a Junior Data Analyst to join the Business Intelligence team, to work on a range of data analysis tasks which will help Peakon continue to make data-driven decisions.
You have an analytical mind, and are able to identify and solve problems in a logical and efficient way. You are comfortable working with different datasets and enjoy finding the right summary or data visualisation to tell the story behind the data. You are happy working in a small team where you will be able to quickly develop technical and business skills.
We welcome your application even if you do not meet all of the criteria - Peakon has a learning culture and will provide an environment that focuses on continuous improvement and growth.
- Work closely with all teams within Peakon (particularly Sales and Finance) to understand their systems, and use data to answer their questions.
- Combine datasets from multiple sources and perform different types of analysis to generate actionable insights.
- Produce reports and presentations to explain your results to individuals, teams and senior leadership.
- Become a champion of data quality, and lead projects to improve the accuracy, availability and reliability of our data.
- Assist with regular reporting of key metrics, and ad-hoc data requests.
- Develop a broad understanding of Peakon (our product, our strategy, and our metrics) and use the cumulative learnings from your analysis to inform discussions.
- Technical or numerical background / education.
- Some practical experience of data analysis in a business environment.
- Experience working with untidy or incomplete data.
- Good understanding of core statistical concepts and data visualisation techniques.
- Some relevant technical experience - for example using reporting tools (such as Tableau or Looker); making data visualisations with python or R; or retrieving data using SQL or APIs.
- Strong excel skills.
- Understanding of common business metrics.
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of how to build and maintain data pipelines (ETL) and data storage.
- Experience in a SaaS business or a start-up environment.
- Knowledge or understanding of organizational or engagement science.
- Unlimited holiday
- Subsidised lunch everyday
- Flexible working
- Company wide trips
- Choice of hardware
- Flexible travel policy