Junior Legal Counsel
At some companies you can feel the momentum building. People are engaged, they're approaching their work with energy, enthusiasm and resilience. Being part of the organisation becomes part of your own identity.
At others, it feels impossible to get everyone pulling in the same direction. People lose sight of the company's purpose, they start looking out only for themselves – or elsewhere for new opportunities.
We started Peakon to help companies around the world build better workplaces. Where employees know they're listened to, managers learn from their own decisions and develop as leaders, and entire organisations see a step-change in what they can achieve.
Trust and transparency guide everything we do. At Peakon you’ll find a transparent salary model, unlimited vacation, minimal hierarchy, and maximum freedom to develop and execute your own ideas. Our style of collaboration is based on honesty and friendship, and we always love making new friends…
Based at Peakon’s London office, this is a newly created role to join the legal team. You will report to the General Counsel and support the Global Sales team on major deals for customers and all other super-interesting legal projects across the entire business.
We are currently around 200 employees and, supported by our recent B round (extension) of $35m led by Atomico, we plan to scale operations to support the hyper growth.
Find out more about what it’s like to work at Peakon here.
"This is an amazing opportunity for an outstanding existing in-house lawyer or private practice commercial lawyer looking to further their career in a high growth, people-oriented and disruptive SaaS business. You will essentially work alongside the current Legal team of 3 covering many of the legal aspects across the entire business.”
- Tom Luk, General Counsel
Providing legal assistance to the General Counsel including (although this is not an exhaustive list):
- Supporting the global Sales team on major deals for customers
- Independent handling of contracts negotiation and drafting
- Draft and negotiate major or complex non-standard agreements
- Help to develop, implement and maintain the legal playbook
- Respond to ad hoc legal queries from the business, providing appropriate legal solutions
- Identify, analyse, and evaluate risks
- Help to develop and ensure compliance with Peakon business practices, policies, and procedures
- Develop and deliver legal and compliance training across various teams in the organisation
- You must be a UK-qualified commercial solicitor (NQ-2yrs PQE), with a background in commercial law and data protection
- In-house technology experience or in-house secondment (commercial)
- Top academics with a passion for innovative technology
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, agile and challenging environment
- High-level attention to detail, excellent organisational and excellent legal drafting skills
- Highly professional and discreet with confidential information
- Be a business “enabler” working closely with and establishing strong relations with the business stakeholders
Bonus points if you...
- Love working with commercial contracts
- Previously worked for a high growth start-up or scale-up technology company
- Have strong knowledge of the contractual provisions in SaaS agreements
- Have strong knowledge of the GDPR
- Unlimited holiday
- Lunch every Friday
- Flexible working
- Company wide trips
- Choice of hardware
- Flexible travel policy
To apply, please submit your CV together with a covering letter to tell us what excites you about this role and why you'd be a great fit.